equivalence (plural equivalences)
- (uncountable) The condition of being equivalent or essentially equal.
- (countable, mathematics) An equivalence relation; ≡; ~
- (uncountable, logic) The relationship between two propositions that are either both true or both false.
- (chemistry) The quantity of the combining power of an atom, expressed in hydrogen units; the number of hydrogen atoms can combine with, or be exchanged for; valency.
- a Boolean operation that is TRUE when both input variables are TRUE but otherwise FALSE; the XNOR function.
- (geometry) A number in intersection theory. A positive-dimensional variety sometimes behaves formally as if it were a finite number of points; this number is its equivalence.
the condition of being equivalent
an equivalence relation
the relationship between two propositions