- The act or process of putting in; infusion.
- That which is put in, as in an amount.
- Contribution of work or information, as an opinion or advice.
- Something fed into a process with the intention of it shaping or affecting the output of that process.
The act or process of putting in
something fed into a process
- (transitive) To put in; put on.
- (transitive) To enter data.
- The user inputs his date of birth and the computer displays his age.
- (transitive) To accept data that is entered.
- 2009, J Stanley Warford, Computer Systems:
- The program inputs a value for the integer variable num and compares it with the constant integer limit.
to enter data
input m (plural inputs)