See also: man of war
- (General American) IPA(key): /mæn.ə(v)ˈwɔɹ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /man.ə(v)ˈwɔː/
- (General New Zealand) IPA(key): /mɛn.ɘ(v)ˈwoː/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see man, of, war. (A military man.)
- (historical, military, nautical) An armed naval vessel, primarily one armed with cannon and propelled by sails.
- A jellyfish-like marine cnidarian of the family Physaliidae, a Portuguese man-of-war or Pacific man-of-war.
- Synonym: bluebottle
- (ornithology) A man of war bird, a magnificent frigatebird.
cnidarian — see Portuguese man-of-war
man of war bird — see magnificent frigatebird
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked