modulus (plural moduli)
- (mathematics) The base with respect to which a congruence is computed.
- (mathematics) The absolute value of a complex number.
- (physics) A coefficient that expresses how much of a certain property is possessed by a certain substance.
- (computing, programming) An operator placed between two numbers, to get the remainder of the division of those numbers.
base with respect to which a congruence is computed
absolute value of a complex number
Diminutive from modus (“measure; manner, way”).
- a small measure or interval
- (architecture) a module
- (aqueducts) a water meter
- (music) a rhythmical measure, interval, rhythm, mode, time