- (transitive) To plan, control and record the position and course of a vehicle, ship, aircraft etc on a journey; to follow a planned course.
- He navigated the bomber to the Ruhr.
- (intransitive) To travel over water in a ship; to sail.
- We navigated to France in the dinghy.
- (intransitive, computing) To move between web pages, menus, etc. by means of hyperlinks, mouse clicks, or any other mechanism.
- It was difficult to navigate back to the home page.
travel over water
move on the internet
- navigate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- navigate in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- navigate at OneLook Dictionary Search