See also: Palisade
palisade (plural palisades)
- A long, strong stake, one end of which is set firmly in the ground, and the other sharpened.
- A wall of wooden stakes, used as a defensive barrier.
- A line of cliffs, especially one showing basaltic columns.
- (biology) An even row of cells. e.g.: palisade mesophyll cells.
a wall of wooden stakes
a line of cliffs
- (transitive, usually in the passive) To equip with a palisade.
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
Inflection of palisade