- Indicative present connegative form of pierrä.
- Second-person singular imperative present form of pierrä.
- Second-person singular imperative present connegative form of pierrä.
piere f (plural pieris)
From an earlier *priere ( > piere by dissimilation), from *prie (“in front of, ahead of”). The meaning change, “in front of” > “forehead,” is similar to the evolution of the English term (compare fore).
piere f (5th declension)
- (anatomy) forehead (part of the human face between the hair and the eyebrows)
- augsta, zema piere ― high, low forehead
- plata, šaura piere ― wide, narrow forehead
- pieres kauls ― brow (lit. forehead) bone
- noslaucīt sviedrus no pieres ― to wipe the sweat off one's forehead
- (sa)raukt, (sa)raut, (sa)vilkt pieri ― to frown (lit. to pull, tighten one's forehead)
- (botany) a shrunk stem or trunk, on the surface of which leaves can grow
- ļoti laba jēru barība rudenī ir cukurbiešu lapas kopā ar biešu pierēm ― very good food for lambs in the autumn is sugar beet leaves together with beet foreheads
- a flat surface on an elongated object
- sijas piere ― a beam's forehead
- the flat part of a tool
- āmura piere ― face of the hammerhead (lit. hammer's forehead)
- (of mountains, hills, ravines) apex, top part
- kalna piere ― mountain's top (lit. forehead)
- smooth, flat surface (on a stone)
- tēvs iesit akmenim pāra reizes pierē ― father hit the stone a couple of times on its flat surface (lit. forehead)
- Alternative form of