See also: Plateau
- A largely level expanse of land at a high elevation; tableland.
- A comparatively stable level in something that varies.
- 2008 May 28, Tara Parker-Pope, “Hint of Hope as Child Obesity Rate Hits Plateau”, in The New York Times, ISSN 0362-4331:
- Childhood obesity, rising for more than two decades, appears to have hit a plateau, a potentially significant milestone in the battle against excessive weight gain among children.
- (dated) An ornamental dish for the table; a tray or salver.
- (sports, broadcasting) A notable level of attainment or achievement.
- plateau (level expanse of land)
- Synonym: hoogvlakte
- plateau (comparatively stable level)
- plateau (tray) (Southern)
plateau m (plural plateaux)
- flat area
- (geography) plateau
- stage (in theatre); set (of television broadcast)
- (cycling) chainring
- “plateau” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).