- simple past tense and past participle of
- Having or furnished with pores
- 2018, Brian W. Coad, James D. Reist, Marine Fishes of Arctic Canada, page 579:
- Lateral line. A sense organ in a pored tube along the side of the body that detects movement, low frequency vibrations, and temperature changes.
- beside, next to, alongside (= krȁj, pȍkraj, dȍ)
- Dođi, s(j)edni pored mene. ― Come here. Sit next to me.
- past, by (so as to move from one side of something to the other (= pȍkraj)
- Metak je proletio točno pored mene. ― The bullet flew right by me.
- (in a constant direction with or opposite another) along, down (= nȉz, dȕž, pȍkraj)
- Cesta ide pored r(ij)eke. ― The road goes along the river.
- in spite of, despite (= ȕprkos, pȍkraj, mȉmo)
- pored svih upozorenja ― in spite of all warnings
- besides, in addition to (= pòvrh)
- pored svega toga ― in addition to all that
- pored ostalog ― in addition to everything else
- (proscribed) besides, except (= ȍsīm)
- Ona nema ništa pored te prikolice. ― She has nothing except that trailer.