- simple past tense and past participle of
- Having or furnished with pores
- 2018, Brian W. Coad, James D. Reist, Marine Fishes of Arctic Canada, page 579:
- Lateral line. A sense organ in a pored tube along the side of the body that detects movement, low frequency vibrations, and temperature changes.
pȍred (Cyrillic spelling по̏ред)
- (with genitive) beside, next to, alongside (= kraj, pokraj, do)
- Dođi, s(j)edni pored mene. ― Come, sit next to me.
- (with genitive) past, by (so as to move from one side of something to the other; =pȍred, pȍkraj)
- Metak je proletio točno pokraj mene. ― The bullet flew right by me.
- (with genitive) along, down (in a constant direction with or opposite another; = niz, duž, pokraj)
- Cesta ide pored r(ij)eke ― The road goes along the river.
- (with genitive) in spite of, despite (= uprkos, pokraj, mimo)
- pored svih upozorenja — despite of all warnings
- (with genitive) beside, in addition to (= povrh)
- pored svega toga — in addition to all that
- pored ostalog — in addition to everything else
- (proscribed, with genitive) besides, except (= osim)
- ona nema ništa pored te prikolice — she has nothing except that trailer