- (transitive) To repeat aloud (some passage, poem or other text previously memorized, or in front of one's eyes), often before an audience.
- Janice is able to recite pi to 100 decimals.
- (transitive) To list or enumerate something.
- (intransitive) To deliver a recitation.
- (repeat aloud): declaim, go through, spout
- (list or enumerate something): tabulate; see also Thesaurus:tick off
Related terms Edit
to recite — see say
to repeat aloud some passage, poem or other text
to list or enumerate something
to deliver a recitation
- plural of