related (comparative more related, superlative most related)
- Standing in relation or connection.
- 2013 June 22, “T time”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 68:
- The ability to shift profits to low-tax countries by locating intellectual property in them, which is then licensed to related businesses in high-tax countries, is often assumed to be the preserve of high-tech companies.
- Electric and magnetic forces are closely related.
- on a related note
- Being a relative of.
- Everyone is related to their parents.
- Narrated; told.
- (not comparable, music) Synonym of relative.
- (mathematics) Fulfilling a relation.
- (not comparable, in combination) Having a relationship with the thing named
- Gun-related crime.
- 2019 February 3, “UN Study: China, US, Japan Lead World AI Development”, in Voice of America, archived from the original on 7 February 2019:
- WIPO reported that China had 17 of the top 20 academic organizations filing for AI-related patents.
Audio (US) (file)
standing in relation or connection
being a relative of
fulfilling a relation
- simple past tense and past participle of relate