See also: résidence
- The place where one lives; one's home.
- A building used as a home.
- The place where a corporation is established.
- The state of living in a particular place or environment.
- Accommodation for students at a university or college.
- The place where anything rests permanently.
- subsidence, as of a sediment
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Francis Bacon to this entry?)
- That which falls to the bottom of liquors; sediment; also, refuse; residuum.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Jeremy Taylor to this entry?)
place where one lives
place where a corporation is established
building used as a home
- residence in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- residence in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- residence at OneLook Dictionary Search