son of a bitch
- (pejorative, slang) An objectionable, despicable person.
- 1685 John Eachard The grounds & occasions of the contempt of the clergy and religion enquired into London 9th ed. 1685, page 252: "There's that snarling cur, and son of a Bitch Boccaline."
- 1691 Thomas Shadwell, The Humorists, a Comedy London (1691), page 22: "He had the insolence obliquely to give me the name of Son of a Bitch."
- 1703, Thomas Brown, Letters from the living to the living, relating to the present transactions both Publick and Private, page 105:
- […] Count Davia, like a Son of a Bitch as he is, Chop'd upon mine and the Duke of Mantuu's Equipage, and rubb'd off with our Plate, Jewels, and other Knicknacks of Inestimable Value.
- “My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.” — attributed to various people, such as Jack Nicholson and Richard Jeni
- (pejorative, slang) Any objectionable thing.
- "This son of a bitch won’t move!" Marty exclaimed as he grappled with the supermarket cart.