See also: updaté
Audio (US) (file)
- (US) enPR: ŭp'dāt, IPA(key): /ˈʌpdeɪt/
- Rhymes: -eɪt
update (plural updates)
- An advisement providing more up-to-date information than currently known.
- He gave me an update on the situation in New York
- A change in information, a modification of existing or known data.
- I just made an update to the Wikipedia article on guerillas
- An additional piece of information. An addition to existing information.
- I just made an update to my blog about my trip to Rome
- A modification of something to a more recent, up-to-date version; (in software) a minor upgrade.
- Our database receives an update every morning at 3 AM
- I have a couple of updates to install on your laptop
- A version of something which is newer than other versions.
- "You should try the update: it rocks."
action of making something up to date
action of advising someone so that they are up to date
- (transitive) To bring (a thing) up to date.
- I need to update my records to take account of the most recent transaction.
- (transitive) To bring (a person) up to date: to inform (a person) about recent developments.
- Update me on what happened while I was away.
to make something up to date
to advise a person so that they are up to date