- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwɔɹfɛɹ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwɔːfɛə/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Hyphenation: war‧fare
- The waging of war or armed conflict against an enemy.
- Military operations of some particular kind e.g. guerrilla warfare.
Derived terms Edit
Related terms Edit
the waging of war or armed conflict against an enemy
military operations of some particular kind
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- To lead a military life; to carry on continual wars.