- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwɔɹfɛɹ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwɔːfɛə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: war‧fare
- The waging of war or armed conflict against an enemy.
- Military operations of some particular kind e.g. guerrilla warfare.
Terms derived from warfare
the waging of war or armed conflict against an enemy
military operations of some particular kind
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- To lead a military life; to carry on continual wars.