- (often African-American Vernacular) Nonstandard spelling of .
- 1862, Various, The Continental Monthly, Vol. 2 No 4, October, 1862:
- 'Oh! yas, I smokes; but I durned sight d'ruther chaw.'
- 1904, O. Henry, Cabbages and Kings:
- "Yas, yas!" they cried, with broader grins and many nods.
- 1913, Horace Annesley Vachell, Bunch Grass:
- It's nice, yas, and it's paid for.
- Nonstandard spelling of .
- "Where Does "YAAAS" Come From?" in Bustle
- (Western) reef (rocks at or near surface of water)
- 2007. The UCLA Phonetics Lab Archive. Los Angeles, CA: UCLA Department of Linguistics.
- zas (Eastern Navajo)
- (Western Navajo) snow