zir (plural zirs)
- A large clay jug for storing water, common in Egypt and the Sudan since ancient times.
- For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:zir.
- (rare) Gender-neutral third-person singular accusative (object) pronoun, equivalent to singular them and coordinate with him and her.
- (rare) Belonging to zir, gender-neutral third-person singular possessive adjective, equivalent to singular their and coordinate with his and her.
- 2002, Calderwood, Lynsey, Cracked: Recovering After Traumatic Brain Injury, Jessica Kingsley Publishers, →ISBN, page 155:
- … just when it seemed like zie was beginning to get a handle on zir teapot and form normal relationships – although one could hardly call zir twice-weekly sexual encounters with the March Hare ‘normal’ …
Used with ze (“gender-neutral subject, coordinate to he/she”).