- (ancient China) The title of one type of lady-in-waiting. During the Zhou Dynasty, this position was thought to be responsible for protocol and etiquette, changing during the Han Dynasty to handle the records of the inner palace.
- (ancient Japan) The title of one type of lady-in-waiting under the Ritsuryō system.
- Generic honorific suffix for women: Ms. / Miss / Mrs.
- Zhou Dynasty on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Zhou Dynasty
- Han Dynasty on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Han Dynasty
- Ritsuryō on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Ritsuryō