- KangXi: not present, would follow page 84, character 20
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2382, character 4
- Unihan data for U+4E78
|simp. and trad.
Alternatively, Li (1990) proposed that this may be a Tai substrate loan, related to Zhuang nax (“younger maternal uncle or aunt”), Thai น้า (náa) (which go back to Proto-Tai *naːᶜ (“mother's younger sibling”)).
- (Cantonese) female animal
- (Cantonese, often derogatory) mother
- (Cantonese, often derogatory) wife (Classifier: 隻／只 )
- (Cantonese) sissy; feminine; unmanly