|Historical forms of the character 亼
|Small seal script
Mostly from Richard Sears' Chinese Etymology site (authorisation),
which in turn draws data from various collections of ancient forms of Chinese characters, including:
- Shuowen Jiezi (small seal),
- Jinwen Bian (bronze inscriptions),
- Liushutong (large seal) and
- Xu Jiaguwen Bian (oracle bone script).
Ideogrammic compound (會意): 入 + 一.
To gather from three sides. Same as 集.
亼 (radical 9 人+1, 3 strokes, cangjie input 人一 (OM) or XXX人一 (XXXOM), composition ⿱人一)
- assemble, gather together
- KangXi: page 91, character 3
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 345
- Dae Jaweon: page 192, character 2
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 102, character 2
- Unihan data for U+4EBC
|For pronunciation and definitions of 亼 – see 集.
(This character, 亼, is an ancient form of 集.)
亼 • (jip) (hangeul 집, revised jip, McCune-Reischauer chip)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text