See also: Appendix:Variations of "ve"
- (adverbial participle suffix) Added to a verb to form an adverbial participle. Its nearest English equivalent is the -ing form functioning as a participle (rather than a noun).
- késik (“to be late”) → Késve jött. - He arrived late.
- (adverbial participle suffix) Harmonic variants:
- (always enclitic) or, leaving the choice free between two things or among several
- (especially in negative sentences or questions implying a negative sentence) and, with the same meaning as -que
- (poetic, repeated or with correlative part) either...or