- A habitational surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname. Popular in early 20th century.
- Any of several places, outside England named for persons with the surname:
- A town, the capital of the Falkland Islands, also known as Port Stanley.
- A small town in north-west Tasmania, Australia.
- A small town near Beechworth, Victoria, Australia.
- A ghost town in the Cariboo region, British Columbia, Canada.
- A village in York County, New Brunswick, Canada.
- A neighbourhood near the centre of Alexandria, Egypt.
- A village in Derbyshire, England.
- A former coal town and civil parish of County Durham, England.
- A small village in the Staffordshire Moorlands district, Staffordshire, England.
- A village in the Metropolitan Borough of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England.
- A hamlet in the village of Bremhill, Wiltshire, England.
- A coastal town in Hong Kong, also known as Chek Chue.
- A village on the north side of the River Tay, Perth and Kinross council area, Scotland (OS grid ref NO1033).
- An unincorporated community in Napa County, California, United States.
- The former name of an unincorporated community in Fresno County, California, United States, now Turk.
- A tiny town in Custer County, Idaho, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Hart Township, Warrick County, Indiana, United States.
- A tiny city in Buchanan County and Fayette County, Iowa, United States.
- A neighborhood of Overland Park, Kansas, United States; suburb of Kansas City.
- An unincorporated community in Daviess County, Kentucky, United States.
- A village in DeSoto Parish, Louisiana, United States.
- An unincorporated community in Santa Fe County, New Mexico, United States.
- A hamlet in the town of Seneca, Ontario County, New York, United States.
- A town in Gaston County, North Carolina, United States.
- A small city, the county seat of Mountrail County, North Dakota, United States.
- A town in Page County, Virginia, United States.
- A small city in Chippewa County and Clark County, Wisconsin, United States.
- A town in Barron County, Wisconsin, United States.
- 1593 William Shakespeare, Richard III, Act IV, Scene IV
- Go then and muster men: but leave behind
- Your son George Stanley: look your heart be firm
- Or else his head's assurance is but frail.
- 1990 Ed McBain, Vespers, W.Morrow, →ISBN, page 61
- The man was named Stanley. This was his real name; who on earth would want to change his name to Stanley unless he planned on becoming a dentist?