- Viet-Namese (obsolete)
Vietnamese (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Vietnam.
- Vietnamese balm
- Vietnamese cassia
- Vietnamese cilantro
- Vietnamese cinnamon
- Vietnamese coriander
- Vietnamese mint
- Vietnamese sandwich
- Vietnamese time bomb
- Vietnamese tuberculosis
of or pertaining to Vietnam
Vietnamese (countable and uncountable, plural Vietnamese)
- (countable) An inhabitant of Vietnam, person of Vietnamese descent.
- (uncountable) Vietnamese cuisine; traditional Vietnamese food.
As with other nationalities formed with -ese, the countable singular noun in reference to a person (as in "I am a Vietnamese", "writing about Vietnamese cuisine as a Vietnamese") is uncommon and often taken as incorrect. In its place, the adjective is used, by itself (as in "I am Vietnamese") or with a word like person, man, or woman ("writing about Vietnamese cuisine as a Vietnamese person").
- The Austroasiatic language spoken predominantly in Vietnam.
- Wiktionary’s coverage of Vietnamese terms
- Appendix:Vietnamese Swadesh list for a Swadesh list of basic vocabulary words in Vietnamese
- ISO 639-1 code vi, ISO 639-3 code vie (SIL)
- Ethnologue entry for Vietnamese, vie
- IPA(key): /ˌvi̯ɛtnaˈmeːzə/, [ˌvjɛt-], [viˌɛt-], [ʋ-]
- IPA(key): /ˌviːrtnaˈmeːzə/, [ˌvi(ː)ɐ̯t-] (colloquial variant)
Vietnamese m (weak, genitive Vietnamesen, plural Vietnamesen)
- a Vietnamese person (male or unspecified sex)
- (informal) a Vietnamese restaurant
Declension of Vietnamese [masculine, weak]
- “Vietnamese” in Digitales Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache