Have an entry request? Add it to the list. - But please:
- Think twice before adding long lists of words as they may be ignored.
- If possible provide context, usage, field of relevance, etc.
Please remove entries from this list once they have been written (i.e. the link is “live”, shown in blue, and has a section for the correct language)
There are a few things you can do to help:
- Add glosses or brief definitions.
- Add the part of speech, preferably using a standardized template.
- If you know what a word means, consider creating the entry yourself instead of using this request page.
- Please indicate the gender(s) .
- If you see inflected forms (plurals, past tenses, superlatives, etc) indicate the base form (singular, infinitive, absolute, etc) of the requested term and the type of inflection used in the request.
- Don’t delete words just because you don’t know them — it may be that they are used only in certain contexts or are archaic or obsolete.
- Don’t simply replace words with what you believe is the correct form. The form here may be rare or regional. Instead add the standard form and comment that the requested form seems to be an error in your experience.
- The Van Dale dictionary: http://www.vandale.nl/vandale/opzoeken/woordenboek/
- Woorden dictionary: http://www.woorden.org
- LookWayUp Dutch-English (only provides about a dozen free lookups per day per IP; paysite otherwise)
- kwakdenken ("quack thinking"); see WP; appar coined by Karin Spaink
- marktconform: in conformity with the market.
- negergedachten Lit. thoughts that negros would have. Example http://www.dbnl.org/tekst/ginn001hand01_01/ginn001hand01_01_0010.php here]
- nieuwgepensioneerden People that just got retired (very rare)
- onderschrijven - to agree on the same thing? - I've seen this word in wordlists, but never in use, so I am not comfortable enough to include it myself. Jamesjiao → T ◊ C 22:08, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- Lit: to "under write". To support a standpoint. "Ik onderschrijf uw mening over ..." = "I support your opinion on ...". You can't say "I onderschrijf that Dutch is hard", you can say "I onderschrijf your opinion/what you are saying/the arguments/the recommendation". Joepnl (talk) 01:16, 14 August 2014 (UTC)
- wichie - girl (Drents dialect)