English to CyrillicEdit
What you give remains your what you keep you lose
- Cyrillic is not a language. If you want Russian then: Что даёшь, остаётся твоё, а что оставляешь себе, теряешь. --WikiTiki89 02:43, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
Translate into AfrikaansEdit
I had a few hits, but didn't really get stoned.
- I don't know if anyone here knows enough Afrikaans stoner slang to translate "hit". --WikiTiki89 23:43, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
translate to hindiEdit
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
- जब तक हम यह
- याद है, कुछ भी नहीं
- कभी वास्तव में हमारे
- लिए खो दिया है. —Stephen (Talk) 11:26, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
This is a reminder. We are yet to receive your invoices for the months of Feb’2014 & Mar’2014 even though we have already made due payments to yourselves.
Please note that we have even paid the service tax to yourselves for these months of Feb’2014 & Mar’2014. If we do not receive your invoices on time, as per law, we cannot avail of credit of this service tax paid to you. This in effect means that we will have to also pay service tax directly to Setvice tax department, thus resulting in double payment.
In view of the above, please note that in future, we shall pay to yourselves the applicable service tax only after we receive your invoice.
Further, since you have failed to send your invoices to us on time, service tax already paid to you for months of Feb. & Mar'14 will be adjusted against future payments to yourselves.
- यह एक अनुस्मारक है। हम पहले से ही भुगतान करने के लिए आप फरवरी 2014 और मार्च 2014 के लिए भेजा, लेकिन हम अभी भी उन दो चालान प्राप्त नहीं किया।
- फरवरी 2014 और मार्च 2014 के इन महीनों के लिए, हम भी आप सेवा कर का भुगतान किया। अगर हम समय पर, आपका चालान नहीं प्राप्त करते हैं कानून के अनुसार, हम इस सर्विस टैक्स के लिए क्रेडिट प्राप्त नहीं कर सकता। इसका मतलब है कि हम भी इस टैक्स सर्विस टैक्स विभाग को सीधे भुगतान करना होगा, जो डबल भुगतान में परिणाम।
- उपरोक्त को देखते हुए, भविष्य में, केवल हम अपने चालान प्राप्त करने के बाद हम आपको लागू सेवा कर भुगतान करना होगा।
- इसके अलावा, के बाद से आप समय पर अपने चालान भेजने के लिए विफल रहे हैं, सर्विस टैक्स जो हम पहले से ही फ़रवरी और मार्च 2014 के महीने के लिए भुगतान आप को भविष्य के भुगतान के खिलाफ समायोजित किया जाएगा। —Stephen (Talk) 06:27, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
english to irish gaelicEdit
hello,how are you?
english to irish gaelicEdit
my name is john, nice to meet you
Russian to English.Edit
What does reiderstvo mean? 184.108.40.206 15:54, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
Could you make the entry perhaps? Thanks a lot :) 220.127.116.11 22:22, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
Hindi to EnglishEdit
translate hindi to english
I'm not on anything
english to latin pleaseEdit
Have more than you show
English to latinEdit
When you come to me Beloved, there blossoms will flourish. The rain will fall with happiness as our two souls meet. Your eyes are as beautiful as flowers, and I am lost in them. Without knowing I have promised the world to your gaze. In the season of breathless wonder, all evil is driven away, I tell you this Beloved, the rain will fall in glory and splendor. And when our souls meet flowers will blossom yet anew.
How do i translate..you are very bad guy you refused to pay my money and remember God is watching you in arabic
- أنت رجل سيء جدًا. أنك رفضت دفع لي أموالي وتذكر، والله يراقبك. —Stephen (Talk) 10:07, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
translate to spanishEdit
Clean this room first. Have an early arrival.
- Limpie esta habitación primero. Hay una llegada anticipada. —Stephen (Talk) 18:48, 8 March 2014 (UTC)
English to HindiEdit
I love your daughter very much and would like to ask your permission to ask her to marry me
- मैं बहुत ज्यादा आपकी बेटी से प्यार है, और मैं मुझसे शादी करने के लिए उसे पूछने के लिए आपकी अनुमति से पूछना चाहूँगा. —Stephen (Talk) 00:40, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
English to scottish gaelic: my loves, my life.Edit
Getting a tattoo tomorrow, and wanted to have "my loves, my life" in scottish gaelic instead of english. Help please! Thanks!!
- I think this is right, but doublecheck it first:
- mo ghràidheagan, mo bheatha —Stephen (Talk) 02:45, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
ill be down there in about 2 hours
English into Scottish GaelicEdit
I want to get a tattoo for my mom and I want to have it say "You are missed and loved by all"
French to EnglishEdit
‘Sacrebleu, si je m’attendais à te voir ici !’
- "Well damn if I expected to see you here!" does that work? I think you have to say it in the right tone. --WikiTiki89 18:40, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
Actually, I just did a look through because I know what Damn is in French, Sacre Bleu literally translates into Sacred Blue but Is actually translated into Goodness Gracious
- Translation means writing what that person would say in English if English were his language. It is not literal word-for-word conversion. A man who would say sacrebleu in French would be unlikely to say goodness gracious if his language were English instead. —Stephen (Talk) 14:32, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
Translate to frenchEdit
You make me want to learn french
Translate to latinEdit
Tell me I can', I'll show you I can
- dicis non possum, demonstrabo tu possum.
- (Subject to potentially severe correction) --Catsidhe (verba, facta) 00:39, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
we will take care of our friendsEdit
we will take care of our friends
i will miss you my son, as you will miss me. I love you into the ages and will always be with you. Ma
- Aireoidh mé uaim thú, mo mhac, agus aireoidh sé uait mé. Is breá liom tú go deo agus beidh mé a bheith i gcónaí leat. Mam. (doublecheck it, please) —Stephen (Talk) 04:13, 15 March 2014 (UTC)
English to Hawaiian phraseEdit
I know Hawaiian is pretty rare but if at all possible I would love the phrase "Love is the sweetest revenge" translated. Thank you in advance!
- You have to translate meaning, but I can’t see the meaning in "Love is the sweetest revenge": A girl is being forced into a life of unhappiness and punishment because she wronged you, so you are forcing her to love you when you don’t love her? Or some man has offended you, so you have stolen his wife and forced her to fall in love with you when you don’t love her, as revenge upon the man? I just don’t get the meaning of this phrase. —Stephen (Talk) 09:13, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
what is the meaning of-payment is not good to me in hindiEdit
What is the meaning of English sentence in hindi-payment is not made good to me
Let me service you and take care of you like a real person would do .
- Déjame que te sirva y que cuide de ti, como lo haría una persona real. —Stephen (Talk) 09:03, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
yes so i wont be online for a day, just to let you knowEdit
yes so i wont be online for a day, just to let you know
- Sí, por lo que no voy a estar en línea durante un día, sólo para hacerte saber. —Stephen (Talk) 23:46, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
Translate to Sanskrit- To the one that got awayEdit
Please urgently let me know how you translate " To the one that got away" in Sanskrit. Please ensure you give me proper Translation as i will be getting this as a tattoo. Baie dankie :)
English -> IrishEdit
Fuck you, I'm drunk
- Diabhal uait, táim ólta.
- (Strangely, most dictionaries don't feature phrases like "fuck off", and the most literal translation I found -- focáil leat < foc < "fuck" -- may be too literal. This version should get the message across.)
- --Catsidhe (verba, facta) 23:17, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
Please translate the below from Scottish gaelic to english, pronunciation guide would also be helpfulEdit
Tha mise Seamus a-nis 'gad ghabhail-sa Suzanne gu bhith 'nam chéile phòsda. Ann am fianais Dhé 's na tha seo de fhianaisean tha mise a' gealltainn a bhith 'nam fhear pòsda dìleas gràdhach agus tairis dhuitsa, cho fad's a bhios an dìthis againn beò.
English to Hindi translationEdit
be careful who you fall in love with cause someone somewhere won't approve User:18.104.22.168 11:03, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
- के बारे में सावधान रहना होगा जिसे आप प्यार में गिरावट के साथ, क्योंकि किसी को कहीं न कहीं इसका अनुमोदन नहीं करेंगे। (doublecheck it) —Stephen (Talk) 13:40, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
From English To SpanishEdit
To my Daughter Kristina, I hope you are Blessed with Many good Dinner's to come From This Mexican Cook Book... Every time your Dad would mention for us to Go eat Mexican Food, I always Think of you!! I Love YouvAlways!! Momma, March- 18-2014
- Para mi hija Kristina, espero que seas bendecida con muchas deliciosas cenas de este libro de cocina mexicana. Cada vez que tu papá sugiere que vayamos a comer comida mexicana, ¡siempre pienso en ti! ¡Te quiero siempre! Tu mamá, 18 de marzo de 2014. —Stephen (Talk) 23:55, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
Please translate Scots Gealic to EnglishEdit
Ledaig math leanaibh cadal
- child's good Ledaig sleep
- It doesn't make much sense to me. --Catsidhe (verba, facta) 04:48, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
Can you translate this into latin?Edit
They kept sending her to him with me.
- What does it mean? You were with him and they kept sending her to him? Or they sent her to him and you drove her to see him? Or what? That "with me" really does not make any sense to me. —Stephen (Talk) 05:16, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
"the Torah" in YiddishEdit
How would one say "the Torah" in Yiddish, please? Assume the Hebrew word תורה is to be used literatim: I'm asking only about its gender when used in Yiddish.—msh210℠ (talk) 14:47, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
- די תּורה (di toyre). תּורה (turh) is feminine so it takes the feminine definite article די (di). --WikiTiki89 15:40, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
- Many thanks.—msh210℠ on a public computer 17:23, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
Please can someone translate the phrase "if only..." into Latin for me.
- According to the translations at if only, you can say "utinam". —Mr. Granger (talk • contribs) 14:58, 20 March 2014 (UTC)
English to ItalianEdit
How do you say "I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it " in italian
- Spero che ti piace la lettura di questo tanto quanto ho goduto scriverlo. —Stephen (Talk) 01:17, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
I may neverEdit
I may never be good enough for someone but I will be best for those who deserve me
- Puede ser que nunca voy a ser lo suficientemente bueno para alguien, pero sí voy a ser lo mejor para los que me merecían. —Stephen (Talk) 01:17, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
English to Latin - help, please?Edit
Hi, I need an accurate translation from English to Latin for:
"I was not built to break. I will find strength."
I've tried Google translate, but would rather hear from an actual person, please.
Thanks in advance!
German to EnglishEdit
Deine Mutter ist Deutsch und so war mein Hund
Hector line in the iliadEdit
let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter
Italiano to EnglishEdit
Chi leva la H all'huomo non si conosce huomo, e chi la leva all'honore, non è degno di honore.
My guess is:
- Right, more or less. It’s tricky to translate. It’s antiquated Italian: "He who drops the aitch from huomo does not know man, and he who drops it from honor is not worthy of honor." —Stephen (Talk) 23:04, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
English to LatinEdit
From this time forward always connected
- Since I don’t know what "always connected" means, this is my best guess:
- Ex hoc nunc, semper in unum redeamus. —Stephen (Talk) 23:22, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
what is the word for hope in gujrati? and also what is the word for waiting in gujrati?
Translate Sentence into portogueseEdit
Can’t believe, we are 5 Days away from April already, time flies when You are busy.
- Mal posso acreditar, já estamos a cinco dias de abril, o tempo voa quando se está ocupado. — Ungoliant (falai) 09:00, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
inglés a españolEdit
Smile at a stranger today. It might make all the difference for them.Edit
Smile at a stranger today. It might make all the difference for them.
- I assume you want this translated from English to English:
- Smile at a stranger today. It might make all the difference for them.
- --WikiTiki89 19:26, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
Translation request, english to latinEdit
I wanted to know what the translation of this quote is: " If you want something go get it "
English to Gaelic pleaseEdit
How do you say "heart's dream" or "heart's desire" in Gaelic? Could you please includea pronunciation guide? Thank you.
Latin translation pleaseEdit
You're only as pretty as your heart is
Translate to brasiliEdit
I'll give it to you
Georgian to EnglishEdit
Could someone please translate the following Georgian text for me? It is from a communist poster: this. I suspect that every flag on the poster reads something like May 1 (I see Armenian too I believe), but the text beneath I would like to know. Thanks in advance! 22.214.171.124 09:42, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
- The flags say 1 მაისი (May 1, in Georgian), Մայիս (May, in Armenian), 1 МАЙ (May 1, in Abaza, Bulgarian, Tajik, Tatar, or Russian). The text at the bottom is in asomtavruli script, which I can’t read. You might ask Ketie or Dixtosa, who are native Georgian (they would not see this translation request since they do not visit this page). —Stephen (Talk) 11:29, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
Thank you, by the way, wasn't Tatar still written in an Arab script in the early 20c.? I'm not sure though. 126.96.36.199 12:07, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
- It says გაუმარჯოს ახალგაზდა საბჭოთა საქართველოს (gaumarǯos axalgazda sabč̣ota sakartvelos, “long live young Soviet Georgia!”). PS. Armenian is misspelled as *մաիս (*mais) instead of մայիս (mayis). Georgians don't have a /j/ sound; that may have played a role.--Vahag (talk) 13:46, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?
- Dicen que el amor es más importante que el dinero, pero ¿alguna vez has tratado de pagar tus cuentas con un abrazo? —Stephen (Talk) 06:00, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
Please, never translate from English for me!!Edit
How can I request that no translation be attempted from English pages for my use: I understand well enough, and I hate to see my computer suddently stopping due to lack of enough memory/CPU.
Thank you much for a help. <redacted email>
- We do it for those who actually want it. If you’re talking about the translation sections on English pages, just don’t open those sections. If you’re talking about Wiktionary pages in other langauges, don’t visit those pages. Sections that you do not open, and pages that you don’t visit, do not affect your memory. If you’re having memory problems, add some RAM to your computer. —Stephen (Talk) 10:32, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Are you using Chrome? Don’t. Use a decent browser like Opera or Firefox, which don’t assume everyone in the world is a monolingual. — Ungoliant (falai) 10:41, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
Only live once - in LatinEdit
You only live once so never regret anything you do, just remember that once you wanted it all
I want the sentence above translated to latin cause i know i'll want this as a tatoo at some point.