(Redirected from a̰a)
See also: Appendix:Variations of "aa"
- biological father
- suffix attached to plant names, signifying growth with taller stalks and smaller leaves; suffix attached to certain other nouns, signifying smaller, thinner, lighter objects
- term of respect used with the first person singular pronoun (n̄) or suffixed to the personal name of the addressee's eldest child
The plural is a member of Noun Class 4.
- kxʻāo à̰a = early predawn
- sòo à̰a = medicine man, traditional healer
- tâa à̰a = man
- tsʻóo ǀʻóã à̰a = a narrow-shaped bottle
- ǀʻàã à̰a = fire drill (not the alarm)
- ǁa̰ba à̰a = long, thin thorn
- ǁgâa à̰a = onset of the hot dry season, part of summer
- ǁkxʻân à̰a = omasum
- ǁqhàã à̰a tû = incisors and canines
- Traill, Anthony (1994), Rainer Voßen, editor, A ǃXóõ Dictionary (Quellen zur Khoisan-Forschung/Research in Khoisan Studies; 9), Köln/Cologne: Rüdiger Köppe Verlag, →ISBN