See also: Appendix:Variations of "aa"
- biological father
- suffix attached to plant names, signifying growth with taller stalks and smaller leaves; suffix attached to certain other nouns, signifying smaller, thinner, lighter objects
- term of respect used with the first person singular pronoun (n̄) or suffixed to the personal name of the addressee's eldest child
There is a grave accent above the a̰. Also, the plural is a member of Noun Class 4.
- kxʻāo a̰a = early predawn
- sòo a̰a = medicine man, traditional healer
- tâa a̰a = man
- tsʻóo ǀʻóã a̰a = a narrow-shaped bottle
- ǀʻàã a̰a = fire drill (not the alarm)
- ǁa̰ba a̰a = long, thin thorn
- ǁgâa a̰a = onset of the hot dry season, part of summer
- ǁkxʻân a̰a = omasum
- ǁqhàã a̰a tû = incisors and canines