- An expression granting permission; an indication of agreement with a proposal; an acknowledgement that a person, thing, or event meets requirements.
- I need to get an approval on this purchase order.
- An expression of favorable acceptance and encouragement; a compliment that also condones.
- Words of approval never seem to come from him.
- (especially philately) Something mailed by a seller to a collector to match their stated interests; the collector can approve of or return the item.
- (expression granting permission or indicating agreement): approbation, sanction; See also Thesaurus:approval
- (expression of favorable acceptance and encouragement): commendation; See also Thesaurus:praise
(chiefly philately) item sent to a collector
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked