From Middle French dalle (“sink, gullet”), a borrowing from Old Norse dæla (“a small dale, ship's drain or pump, a small bucket, a groove, trough, trench, eaves”), from Proto-Germanic *dalą (“valley”), cognate with Dutch daal (“trough, spout”). More at dale.
dalle f (plural dalles)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “dalle” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).