- (transitive) To trust to the care of.
- 2004, Geert Lovink, Uncanny Networks: Dialogues with the Virtual Intelligentsia, →ISBN, page 1742:
- The first step toward finding a way out of this place begins when we take a flamethrower to Newt Gingrich cum Alvin Toffler style laissez-faire futurism, which entrusts our collective fate to the tender mercies of the marketplace, or New Age cyberbole that would have us pin our hopes to a millennial blastoff.
- Can I entrust you with a secret?
- He entrusted me his daughter.
- He entrusts that task to her.
See usage note at commit.
To trust to the care of