familial (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to human family.
- Mark had to leave work due to familial obligations.
2017 May 13, Barney Ronay, “Antonio Conte’s brilliance has turned Chelsea’s pop-up team into champions”, in the Guardian:
- In part Conte pulled this off because his manner and his own playing record demand respect. But also he brought back the fun, encouraging a familial atmosphere with barbecues, bottles of wine handed out, and bonding sessions with players and club staff.
- (pathology) inherited
- fatal familial insomnia
- (technical) Of or pertaining to any grouping of things referred to as a family.
- For Apocynaceae, this type of flower is a familial characteristic.
of or pertaining to human family
- familial, relating to a family
- “familial” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).