hh pl (plural only)
- Abbreviation of (one hand being four inches).
- rush of hot air
- blast from a fire
- hot or burning breath, particularly of supernatural beings
- c. 2353 BCE – 2323 BCE, Pyramid Texts of Unas — west wall of the antechamber, line 18–19, spell 255.2–255.4:
- jd ꜣḫt n ḥr-nḫn(j) nsr n(j) hh[.s r.ṯn] ḥꜣ(j)w kꜣr ḫfḫft hh.s r.ṯn wṯzw wrt
- The place of sunrise will be censed for Horus of Nekhen. The flame of [his] fiery breath [is against you], you who are around the shrine! The gush of his fiery breath is against you, you who carry the great one!
- steam from freshly baked bread
- (figuratively) heat from the sun
- (figuratively) fever or hot breath as a symptom of disease
- Erman, Adolf; Grapow, Hermann (1928) Wörterbuch der ägyptischen Sprache, volume 2, Berlin: Akademie-Verlag, →ISBN, page 501.15–502.8
- Faulkner, Raymond (1962) A Concise Dictionary of Middle Egyptian, Oxford: Griffith Institute, →ISBN, page 160