- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈnɛvəðəlɛs/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈnɛvɚðəlɛs/
Audio (Mid-Atlantic) (file)
nevertheless (not comparable)
- (conjunctive) In spite of what preceded; yet.
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), London: […] Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981, Hebrews 12:11, column 2:
- Now no chaſtening for the preſent ſeemeth to be ioyous, but grieuous: neuertheleſſe, afterward it yeeldeth the peaceable fruite of righteouſneſſe, vnto them which are exerciſed thereby.
- 2013 September-October, Michael Sivak, “Will AC Put a Chill on the Global Energy Supply?”, in American Scientist:
- Nevertheless, it is clear that the global energy demand for air-conditioning will grow substantially as nations become more affluent, with the consequences of climate change potentially accelerating the demand.
- (in spite of what preceded): even so, however, nonetheless, still, though, yet, notwithstanding; see also Thesaurus:nevertheless
in spite of what preceded