- puppie (obsolete)
puppy (plural puppies)
- A young dog, especially before sexual maturity (12-18 months)
- A young rat.
- A young seal.
- (slang, usually in the plural) A woman’s breast.
- (informal) A (generic) thing; particularly something that is a nuisance; a sucker.
- I have another two dozen of these puppies to finish before I can go home.
- (derogatory, dated) A conceited and impertinent person, especially a young man.
- 1711 July 24, Joseph Addison; Richard Steele, “FRIDAY, July 13, 1711 [Julian calendar]”, in The Spectator, number 106; republished in Alexander Chalmers, editor, The Spectator; a New Edition, […], volume II, New York, N.Y.: D[aniel] Appleton & Company, 1853, OCLC 191120697:
- I found my place taken by an ill-bred, awkward puppy with a money bag under each arm.