- (cooking) Something used to add taste or flavour to food, such as a condiment, herb or spice.
- (figuratively, by extension) Anything added to increase enjoyment.
- A coat of polymerized oil inside a cooking vessel which renders the surface non-stick.
- (archaic) An alcoholic intoxication.
- Some of our gentlemen officers, happening to stop at a tavern, or rather a sort of grogshop, took such a seasoning that two or three of them became “quite frisky.”
- In diamond-cutting, the charging of the laps or wheels with diamond dust and oil.
- (intoxication): drunkenness
- See also Thesaurus:seasoning