slog (plural slogs)
- (chiefly Britain and Canada) A long, tedious walk, or session of work.
- 2019 November 14, Phil McNulty, “England 0-0 Brazil”, in BBC News:
- England's experimental line-up will have realised early on that this would be a long, hard slog against the multi-talented Brazilians with great strength in their starting line-up and on the bench.
- (cricket) An aggressive shot played with little skill.
- To walk slowly, encountering resistance.
- (by extension) To work slowly and deliberately at a tedious task.
- To strike something with a heavy blow, especially a ball with a bat.
- See also Thesaurus:walk
to walk slowly, encountering resistance
to strike something with a heavy blow, especially a ball with a bat
slȍg m (Cyrillic spelling сло̏г)
Declension of slog