- successour (obsolete)
Audio (US) (file)
successor (plural successors)
- A person or thing that immediately follows another in holding an office or title.
- George W. Bush was successor to Bill Clinton as President of the US.
2012 May 5, Phil McNulty, “Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool”, in BBC Sport:
- As Di Matteo celebrated and captain John Terry raised the trophy for the fourth time, the Italian increased his claims to become the permanent successor to Andre Villas-Boas by landing a trophy.
- The next heir in order or succession.
- A person who inherits a title or office.
- (arithmetic, set theory) The integer, ordinal number or cardinal number immediately following another.
- aftercomer (uncommon)
person or thing that immediately follows another
next heir in order or succession
person who inherits a title or office
integer or cardinal immediately following another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.