See also: Tribüne
tribune (plural tribunes)
- An elected official in Ancient Rome.
- A protector of the people.
- The domed or vaulted apse in a Christian church that houses the bishop's throne.
- A place or an opportunity to speak, to express one's opinion; a platform.
- The new magazine's goal is to give a tribune to unmarried mothers.
elected official in Ancient Rome
protector of the people
domed or vaulted apse in a Christian church
place or an opportunity to speak; platform
tribune f (plural tribunes)
- (platform): estrade
- “tribune” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- “tribune” in The Bokmål Dictionary.