See also: Tribüne
tribune (plural tribunes)
- an elected official in ancient Rome
- a protector of the people
- the domed or vaulted apse in a Christian church that houses the bishop’s throne
- a place or an opportunity to speak, to express one's opinion, a platform
- this new magazine's goal is to give a tribune to unmarried mothers
elected official in ancient Rome
protector of the people
domed or vaulted apse in a Christian church
place or an opportunity to speak, platform
tribune f (plural tribunes)
- (platform): estrade
- “tribune” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- “tribune” in The Bokmål Dictionary.
- “tribune” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.