- Third-person plural (eles, elas, also used with vocês?) present indicative of ir
- Third-person plural (eles, elas, also used with vocês?) present subjunctive of ir
- Third-person plural (vocês) affirmative imperative of ir
- Third-person plural (vocês) negative imperative of ir
- (informal) followed by infinitive, forms the third-person plural future indicative
- Eles vão comer carne.
- They will eat meat.
- (3rd-person plural future indicative): root + -arão (1st conjugation), root + -erão (2nd conjugation), root + -irão (3rd conjugation)
- empty (containing nothing)
vão m (plural vãos)
- a gap
- a vacant spot
- (architecture) a hole in the wall where a window or door is placed; a sliver, a breach
- (architecture) the empty space below a staircase