See also: 先斩后奏
- early; prior; former; in advance; first
behead; chopback; behind; rear; afterwards; after; later present a memorial; to achieve; to play trad. (先斬後奏) 先 斬 後 奏 simp. (先斩后奏) 先 斩 后 奏 Literally: “behead first, report [to the emperor] later”.
- to act first and report later; to act first and seek permission therefor later
- 皇上御賜龍虎狗三口鍘刀，本府有先斬後奏之權。如何審不得你？ [MSC, trad.]
- From: Justice Bao
- Huángshàng yùcì lóng hǔ gǒu sān kǒu zhádāo, běnfǔ yǒu xiānzhǎnhòuzòu zhī quán. Rúhé shěn bùdé nǐ? [Pinyin]
- His Majesty granted me these three guillotines of canine, tiger, and dragon, by which I am authorised to kill first, report later. How can't I put you on trial?
皇上御赐龙虎狗三口铡刀，本府有先斩后奏之权。如何审不得你？ [MSC, simp.]