Simplified from 點 (黑 → 灬). Note that 黑 changed from being on the left to being 灬, underneath. Compare 黙 (from 默), which retains the 里, and 黒, which is the simplification in isolation.
Current form is graphically 占 + 灬.
点 (radical 86 火+5, 9 strokes, cangjie input X卜口火 (XYRF) or 卜口火 (YRF), composition ⿱占灬)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 669, character 10
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 18980
- Dae Jaweon: page 1078, character 15
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 3, page 2198, character 7
- Unihan data for U+70B9
点 • (jeom) (hangeul 점, revised jeom, McCune-Reischauer chŏm, Yale cem)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text