A definition for an English word can be requested by going to Wiktionary:Requested entries (English) and putting it in the appropriate section.
A word in another language can be requested by going to Category:Requested entries or this automatically generated list and finding the right page (or replace “English” by the appropriate language name in the above link). If the page for the language does not exist yet, you can either create it yourself or put up a request for it at Wiktionary:Tea room.
If you are looking for a word that captures a meaning that you have in mind, you can consult the Tea Room.
- Wiktionary:Wanted entries
- Wiktionary:Tea room (for discussion of specific words)
- Template:no entry (to tag an entry as nonexistent, usually due to not meeting the CFI)
- User-maintained lists:
- User:DTLHS/WantedPages replicates the late, lamented Special:WantedPages.
- User:Robert Ullmann/Missing: lists of words used in Wiktionary that lack Wiktionary entries.
- User:Brian0918/Hotlist: lists of words with entries in major dictionaries.
- User:Visviva/Tracking: lists of words lacking Wiktionary entries that are used in selected newspapers.
- w:Wikipedia:Typo Team/moss: list of words lacking Wiktionary entries that are used frequently in Wikipedia
- Wiktionary:Redlink dumps: wordlists in many languages
- User:Jberkel/lists/wanted: lists of missing link targets in Wiktionary ordered by language/frequency