- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈlɒt/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈlɑt/
- Rhymes: -ɒt
- Homophone: a lot
- (transitive) To distribute or apportion by (or as if by) lot.
- (transitive) To assign or designate as a task or for a purpose.
- Each candidate was allotted five minutes to make a presentation in front of the judges.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.