causing irritation or annoyance
- See also Thesaurus:annoying
causing irritation or annoyance; troublesome; vexatious
annoying (plural annoyings)
- (rare) That which annoys; an annoyance.
- 1865, William Buell Sprague, Annals of the American Unitarian Pulpit:
- […] they lose the true spirit of Christianity; and, while their heads are filled with clouds of mysticism, and the smoke of metaphysical nonsense, their hearts are filled with uncharitableness and bitter annoyings.
- annoying in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911
- annoying in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913