- (archaic) Plainly; clearly; manifestly; evidently.
- Seemingly; in appearance only.
- A man may be apparently friendly, yet malicious in heart.
- According to what the speaker has read or heard.
- Apparently you are quite a good dancer.
- 2006, Lois Lewandowski, The Fatal Heir: A Gillian Jones Mystery, iUniverse, 978-0-595-39843-0, page 169:
- " […] Apparently they are going to contact the adoption agency and see if they can locate that child. […] "
- (in a way that is manifest): obviously, plainly, clearly, evidently
- (in appearance only): ostensibly, seemingly
- (according to what one has heard): allegedly
according to what the speaker has read or been told
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked