- (archaic) Plainly; clearly; manifestly; evidently.
- (Can we date this quote by John Ford and provide title, author's full name, and other details?)
- One, my lord, that doth so palpably, so apparently make her adulteries a trophy, whiles the poting-stick to her unsatiate goatish abomination jeers at, and flouts your sleepish, and more than sleepish, security.
- Seemingly; in appearance only.
- According to what the speaker has read or heard.
according to what the speaker has read or been told
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked