confluence (plural confluences)
- The place where two rivers, streams, or other continuously flowing bodies of water meet and become one, especially where a tributary joins a river.
- We encountered an abandoned boat at the confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers.
- The act of combining which occurs at the place where rivers and the lake meet.
- The confluence of the rivers produced a great rush of water.
- A convergence or combination of forces, people, or things.
- The confluence of our skills resulted in a successful home renovation project.
- (biology) The proportion of cells, in a culture medium, that adhere to each other
- (computer science) In rewriting systems, property describing which terms can be rewritten with other, equivalent terms.
point where two rivers or streams meet
convergence or combination