- Rhymes: -aɪə(ɹ)
- A machine that flies.
- (dated) An airplane pilot.
- A person who travels by airplane.
- A leaflet, often for advertising.
- The part of a spinning machine that twists the thread as it takes it to and winds it on the bobbin
- (architecture) An arch that connects a flying buttress into the structure it supports.
- (acrobatics, cheerleading, synchronized swimming) The person who is lifted and/or thrown by another person or persons.
- (firearms) A stray shot away from the group on a target.
- A standard rectangular step of a staircase (as opposed to a winder).
- A female kangaroo; a roo; a doe; a jill.
- A leap or jump.
- A risky investment or other venture.
- (acrobatics): base
someone who pilots or rides in an airplane
leaflet, often for advertising — See also translations at leaflet
shooting: stray shot away from the group on a target
risky investment or other venture
- (intransitive) To distribute flyers (leaflets).
- (transitive) To distribute flyers in (a location) or to (recipients).