See also: Phantom
- fantom (archaic)
phantom (plural phantoms)
- Something apparently seen, heard, or sensed, but having no physical reality; a ghost or apparition; something elusive or delusive.
- An image that appears only in the mind; an illusion.
- (duplicate bridge) A placeholder for a pair of players when there are an odd number of pairs playing.
- (medical imaging) A test object.
something having no physical reality
phantom (not comparable)
- “phantom” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2018.