urna (plural urnas)
- (Buddhism) A spiral or circular dot placed on the forehead of Buddhist images as an auspicious mark.
From ūrō (“burn, singe”).
- urn, water jar; a vessel for drawing water
- a voting urn, in which ballots were collected
- a funerary urn; a receptacle for the ashes of the dead
- a money jar
- a liquid measure equal to half an amphora
- “urna” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.
- definite singular of
declension of urna
urna f (plural urnas)
- ballot box (a sealed box into which a voter puts his voting slip)
- urn (vessel for ashes of a deceased person)
- (by extension) coffin (box in which a dead person is buried)
- (archaic) a vase for water