Hungarian (not comparable)
- Of, from, or pertaining to present-day Hungary, the ethnic Hungarian people or the Hungarian language.
- Of, from, or pertaining to the Kingdom of Hungary, during the days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, regardless of ethnicity.
- (computing, programming) Of or relating to Hungarian notation.
- 2009, Michael Ekedahl, Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2008:
- The Hungarian prefix used in this book for a GroupBox control is “grp”.
of, from, or pertaining to Hungary
- (countable) A person from present-day Hungary or of ethnic Hungarian descent.
- A person from the former Kingdom of Hungary, during the Austro-Hungarian Empire, regardless of that person's ethnicity.
- (uncountable) The main language of Hungary.
- (uncountable, computing, informal) Hungarian notation.
- 1993, Steve McConnell, Code Complete:
- The qualifier is the descriptive part of the name that would probably make up the entire name if you weren't using Hungarian.
- Like many terms that start with a non-silent h but have emphasis on their second syllable, some people precede Hungarian with an, others with a.
person from Hungary
- Wiktionary’s coverage of Hungarian terms
- Appendix:Hungarian Swadesh list for a Swadesh list of basic vocabulary words in Hungarian
- Hungarian - English Dictionary: from Webster's Dictionary - the Rosetta Edition.
- ISO 639-1 code hu, ISO 639-3 code hun (SIL)
- Ethnologue entry for Hungarian, hun