Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout (EL) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide for Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
The Flag for the Mon TongueEdit
The Template for Mon ConsonantsEdit
Requests for translations into MonEdit
Thirty-five (35) words have been added to Category:Requests for translations into Mon. The category can give you an idea of where to start on your work here. --Apisite (talk) 07:50, 30 November 2020 (UTC)
Concerning the Mon Picture DictionaryEdit
- Having seen two different orthographies for the Piedmontese tongue and some debate concerning the Ligurian tongue's two orthographies, I understand your wish.
- Regarding the parts of your picture dictionary concerning buildings, clothing, sports, tools, vehicles and musical instruments, you could follow the example of user Froaringus (talk • contribs), who adds images and quotations, which pertain to traditional Galician culture, to certain Galician entries that were made beforehand. --Apisite (talk) 04:10, 1 December 2020 (UTC)
Have you considered either the spiritual practice Falun Dafa (also known as Falun Gong) or devising a system of braille for the written Mon language, perhaps with some help? (Here's an entry on Burmese braille and a simple English version on the entry for braille in general.) --Apisite (talk) 12:33, 1 December 2020 (UTC)
- If we're going to devise a braille system for the written Mon language, then how are we going to collaborate online if meeting in person isn't possible? --Apisite (talk) 13:11, 1 December 2020 (UTC)
- As for Falun Dafa, here's a good fairy tale about a little lotus flower, that has yet to be translated into Mon, Burmese, Thai, and Khmer
and Korean. --Apisite (talk) 13:14, 1 December 2020 (UTC)
Mon Vocabulary problem explanation (ကွေန်ၚါ်တြုံ)Edit
Note: this message was originally posted at User talk:Mon Vocabulary problem explanation(ကွေန်ၚါ်တြုံ) (06:23, 3 December 2020 (UTC)) by 咽頭べさ and moved here 01:18, 5 December 2020 (UTC) by Apisite.--Eryk Kij (talk) 18:28, 5 December 2020 (UTC)
Hi, my name is Intobesa, the name Intobesa is in Mon Pali language, today I'm going to explain the Mon Vocabulary problem, about the letter (ကွေန်ၚါ်တြုံ), which one is correct, which is not correct, what information I have provided try it, I am a real Mon person I'm not good at Mon language how is it possible, Mon language is my parents language, if interested in Mon language No need to look online, YouTube is mostly not straight, being a video clip person, he wants to Like Share only, if are interested in the Mon language try to consult with a Mon teacher, don't write a mess on Wikipedia like this is bad for Mon people it is very dangerous I can't not accept, if my words are inconvenient, I am sorry, because I love Mon people very much. --咽頭べさ (talk) 06:23, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- @咽頭べさ I understand what you are concerned about. Now I have made a Request for Verification for ကောန်ညာ်တြုံ and ကွေန်ၚါ်တြုံ. I know you are right about this case and your appeal will be accepted. If you think there are other problems, please do NOT create any non-existent user talk page anymore, but please send message at talk page of a user who you think does problematic deed (in this case, you could tell your concern directly to Octahedron80 at User talk:Octahedron80). --Eryk Kij (talk) 19:22, 5 December 2020 (UTC)
Answers for Mon languageEdit
hello my name is --咽頭べさ (talk) 06:29, 11 December 2020 (UTC)Intobesa I am a Mon, writing language Mon level 1, Music Vocabulary Mon pronunciation I have written here about Mon language, want to know more, what else can you look at in this link https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:%E5%92%BD%E9%A0%AD%E3%81%B9%E3%81%95/Mon_Picture_dictionary I am now very discouraged to continue writing about Mon vocabulary, because of the Thai admin who is destroying my beloved mother tongue, I am eager to help Wikipedia his writing, I saw it and I am very sorry, I am worried for the future of Mon, I am not an admin his problem, I want to fix it I have no idea Mon language words he wrote incorrectly over and over again, the way that he wrote for Mon people is very dangerous his writing however, I was not satisfied. my words are inconvenient, I'm sorry right now I'm very sad. thanks
- I am sorry but I have moved your message here since admins will not permit posting there and will delete it sometime. As I have written at Wiktionary:About Mon, Mon language has quite many dialects and probably also spelling variants for almost every word while there is no official standard variety (or do you think there is a standard one? If so, please tell us), so things would be easily confusing if each of us does not take such a notion into consideration. I know you are from Sangkhlaburi, but other people including me may have materials of dialects other than that of Sangkhlaburi. The sources Octahedron80's has are as follows: Short's A Dictionary of Modern Spoken Mon 1962 (Kaw Kyaik ကအ်ကျာ် dialect, Myanmar; available here and here), พจนานุกรม มอญ-ไทย 1984 and พจนานุกรมไทย-มอญ สำเนียงมอญลพบุรี by จำปี ซือสัตย์ 2007 (both include prefaces but I have not yet confirmed which dialect they are based upon since I am not good at Thai). We can get the latter two here . I have materials of some Myanmar Mon dialects (Kanni, Karen State; Koʼ Dot, Mon State; Koʼ Kapoun, Mon State) and Thai Mon (Baan Nong Duu บ้านหนองดู่, Lamphun Province; Northern and Central Thailand including Ban Pong and Photharam Districts, Rajburi Province, Pak Kret District and Ko Kret, Nonthaburi Province, Lopburi Province and Pasang District, Lamphun Province; Sangkhlaburi). I show on which dialect my edit is based when I edit and I think everyone should do so in order to avoid contamination that you are afraid of. I respect your dialect and I think everyone should do so. Please remember that you can complain directly to everyone (including me off course, if there is any kind of trouble) at his/her talk page without creating any new page for appealing. --Eryk Kij (talk) 15:01, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
Hello my name is --咽頭べさ (talk) 13:13, 12 December 2020 (UTC)Intobesa the official language of the Mon people is the language of Burma. In Burma writing in Mon language is the same but the pronunciation is not the same. Mon people in Thailand are known as Thai Ramanไทยรามัญ, his alphabets are like ancient alphabets, his pronunciation is not the same in Burmese language. Mon language in Thailand must be called it is Mon language in ancient times, Mon Thai is not related to Mon language in Burma, but related to history Mon Kingdom the time of war between Mon people and Burmese people a people who escaped from Burma leaned on Mon language in Thailand today is not the official language of Burma, it is the official language of Thailand, in Korea as well, Mon in Sangkhlaburi he was also a people who fled from Burma, the Burma government arrested Mon people and killed Mon people, he was afraid and fled to Thailand as well if arriving in Thailand without documents repeatedly arrested in prison the pronunciation of the Mon language in Thailand has two things, the pronunciation of Mon language in Burma has 6 things but the writing is the same if Admin want to pronounce all Mon languages then I can help. about Mon language I have a lot of knowledge I can read both ancient characters as well the Online related to Mon language, has been in trouble for a long time. Mon people do not have government schools if people want to study Mon language must go to temple monks, most people today cannot read Mon language books a little people reads Mon language. about the Mon language has not yet developed only conflicts, most young people today do not like learning Mon language. very few people who read Mon language, the conflict over Mon language is now 300 years old. okay thank you
And do you have a problem with interwiki-linking (Special:Diff/61271536/next)? It is because Mon Wiktionary is still in a state of test wiki on Incubator (incubator:Wt/mnw). If it is approved by Language Committee as mnw.wikipedia.org (see meta:Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Mon), the entries included will be automatically linked to other Wiktionaries if counterpart entries exist. I do not know process of approval well but you may have to understand how some of former test wikis were approved and some were not by seeing these logs. I am looking forward to seeing its approval sincerely. --Eryk Kij (talk) 16:51, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
hello my name is --咽頭べさ (talk) 04:13, 13 December 2020 (UTC)Intobesa မၞိဟ်တြုံWt/mnw/မၞိဟ်တြုံthis one is not a problem I don't know how to edit Wiki, what is this I want to know, press a little bit wrong for this issue, I'm sorry, right now I'm using Wikipedia, nobody teaches it I'm training myself for a little mistake, I'm sorry, I used a computer when I was young nobody taught me how to use it all I try for a little wrong, I'm sorry, most of the time, I'm a person who likes to be alone, when I went to school when I was young, I often felt bullied at school because I was an orphan that's why I'm afraid of people that is how I like being alone. when I was young, I never saw my mother, if I had seen my mother now, I would not have known she was my mother but I know my mother is not dead, I have been living with my adoptive mother since I was a child. okay thank you my history is not interesting. [Note: this message had once been posted by 咽頭べさ at User talk:Answer (04:13, 13 December 2020 (UTC)) and was moved here by Surjection at 10:00, 13 December 2020. --Eryk Kij (talk) 11:29, 20 December 2020 (UTC)]
- You can just click the Edit buttons at the uppermost part of this page or at every section and then post there what you would like to write. If you would like to start new topic, just click "+" at the uppermost part of this page. Please note that you can do them also in other projects (Wikipedia etc.) --Eryk Kij (talk) 11:44, 20 December 2020 (UTC)
11:36, 14 December 2020 (UTC)Edit
hello my name is --咽頭べさ (talk) 11:36, 14 December 2020 (UTC)Intobesa I think admin has never seen a Thai Mon alphabet, therefore I would like to show you the Mon-Thai alphabet admin that I studied in 2018. I also want the admin to understand that the Mon Thai alphabet is different from the Mon Burmese alphabet.
These characters do not have a font for the computer, people who can read and write these letters are very rare today, these letters are similar to the ancient alphabet, but actually not the ancient script.
See here the difference between the Mon alphabet in Thailand and the Mon alphabet in Burma, people today have seen too few of this alphabet, if going down to Kanchanaburi province, Tha Muang District, Wat Muang district, try traveling and admin can see many characters. if admin want more involved, Mon Thai I have many pictures if admin want more, I upload it to the wikipedia now, I'm just going to tell admin, Mon in Thailand and Mon in Burma irrelevant. Thai admin text not the characters of Mon Thai characters and not the characters of Mon Burma the text he wrote, no one can read, I gave admin how the letters in the photo look different, first look okay thank you, if my words are inconvenient sorry.
ကၟာဲ and ခမှာဲEdit
Now I know the combination ဲာ is misspelling, so I am quite ashamed the latter was my own fault. I made a mistake but I heard and will hear your appeal sincerely. I learn your language day by day. I never want to play with your people's language. I want to help your people's language transmission by giving materials made by researchers who I have trust. That's what I can do for your people. I sometimes feel that there are some gaps between what researchers have made and what you make. So please answer my questions at Help:Mon orthography and pronunciation. I want to cooperate with you. I try to remove mistakes made by myself and others. --Eryk Kij (talk) 17:17, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
And please post your comment like I do this time, without creating any subpage. In this case I luckily found your important message, but an admin also found it and deleted quite speedily. I do not want to miss your message, so please. You can post at a place where someone else has already posted. Just click a  button next to a section name. In this time, just click the  button next to the "ကၟာဲ and ခမှာဲ" section if you would like to reply. --Eryk Kij (talk) 18:01, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
Hello, @User:エリック・キィMany languages in the world have the same spelling and vocabulary but different pronunciations.
- See here👇
- Chinese and Japanese
Japanese=可愛い Ka Wa Ii Chinese=可爱 Kě 'ài Translate=Cute How similar are Chinese and Japanese but Japanese spelled more than Chinese.
- Thai and Lao
Thai=แม่ Mæ̀ Lao=ແມ່ Aem Translate=Mother Mon and Burma
Mon=ပြသာဒ်Pa Tea S̄ạtw̒
- Mon Pali and Burma Pali
Mon Pali=နမောတဿ ဘဂဝတော အရဟတော သမ္မာသမ္ဗုဒ္ဓဿ
Burma Pali=နမောတဿ ဘဂဝတော အရဟတော သမ္မာသမ္ဗုဒ္ဓဿ
Translate=Homage to the Blessed one, the Exalted One, the Fully-Enlightened One
Mon has 35 consonants and Mon Pali 33 consonants in the Burmese language consonants are only 33 themselves consonants in Burmese language less than Mon for being a Mon person it is very easy to speak Burmese or Thai but the voice reading in Pali Burmese is similar to Thai
. There is a problem like this if writing on Wiktionary you have to be careful if we are not careful then for those who are not familiar with it can be guilty language. They are young people today most of them cannot speak the Mon language more because they do not have their own Mon language school most of the Mon people if they are studying Mon language they have to go to the monk's temple the government school does not teach the Mon language. There is a problem like this teenagers do not want to learn Mon language. Most young people today do not speak Mon language more than in Thailand and Burma. I've been like this and I'm worried about the future of Mon. Let's go see Thailand bangkok, Bang Kradee, teenagers have forgotten the Mon language in Thailand as well as in Burma many teenagers forget the Mon language. There is a problem like this and I want to protect Mon language and Mon spelling too. When I was 14 I used to go to study all over the country and America, Korea, Japan, China I met Mon people most of them do not speak Mon language. Okay, I want to talk that's it if you want to know more you can ask thanks.--咽頭べさ (talk) 22:27, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
Hllo@Equinox:, Mon Pali Language and Burmese Pali Language is real but in Pali, everyone cannot read, can only read monks. Mon and Burmese Pali noun, Pali speakings now all monks are using, related to Mon and Burmese Pali nouns required on English Wiktionary. Relating to speaking Pali with too few people Speak Pali how is Mon language different, if you want to know and look at the link (Mon Picture dictionary) I wrote there, but what I have written is not very much because I don't have much time thank you very much.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 11:54, 1 April 2021 (UTC)
- Hello@The Ice Mage:, Do you know how good I am at Language of in Burma if I had to tell you about the history of the Burmese alphabet and Burmese vocabulary, then the Burmese do not have their own alphabet the script currently used by the Burmese is the Mon Pali script.
- Witnesses Credentials
- Mon Pali consonant
ṅ (/ŋaˀ/ )
ch (/cʰaˀ/ )
ည (/jaˀ/ )
jh (/jhaˀ/ )
|ဉ / ည|
ḍ ( /ɗaˀ/ )
ḍha (/tʰɛ̀ˀ/ )
ṇ ( /naˀ/ )
t ( /taˀ/ )
Tha ( /tʰaˀ/)
da ( /tɛ̀ˀ/ )
dha (/tʰɛ̀ˀ/ )
na ( /nɛ̀ˀ/ )
p ( /paˀ/ )
ph ( /pʰaˀ/ )
ba (/pɛ̀ˀ/ )
bha ( /pʰɛ̀ˀ/ )
me ( /mɛ̀ˀ/ )
ya ( /jɛ̀ˀ/ )
ra ( /rɛ̀ˀ/ )
la (/lɛ̀ˀ/ )
va ( /vaˀ/ )
s ( /saˀ/ )
ḷ ( /laˀ/ )
ṁ ( /(a)ṁ/)
This Mon Pali script was learned by the Burmese from the Mon monk Shin Arahan and was first used in AD 1113.
- (Thai Mon consonant)The Mon 35 consonants in Hanthawaddy era AD 573 to AD 1757. This character is called Thai Mon languageภาษาไทยมอญ or Thai Raman languageภาษาไทยรามัญ.
I still have a lot to show you my witnesses credentials this history is often kept secret by the Burmese and never told to anyone. we were not allowed to show this history to the world because we were Burmese slaves, we were attacked by the Burmese in Mon Kingdom and later we, the Mon people, were enslaved by the Burmese, we did not have a Mon government school, so we could do nothing to improve our Mon literature as a result, Burmese literature became more advanced than Mon literature, currently we have Wikipedia and Wiktionary for Mon language, but we are not happy because the Burmese government has not opened our Mon government school yet, There was Mon Wikipedia and Mon Wiktionary, but there are not many writers because there are many illiterate Mon people, I have a hard time figuring out how to deal with this, I said just this thank you very much.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 18:07, 2 May 2021 (UTC)
Uhh, that's a lot of interesting information I suppose, but I'm not sure exactly why you are telling me this. I asked about the Mon word "ခရိုင်". You said in the entry it's a pronoun, but the definition is "district", which is a noun not a pronoun. So, it should say noun, right? User: The Ice Mage talk to meh 20:08, 2 May 2021 (UTC)
- @The Ice Mage:, ခရိုင် is not a noun, it is a pronoun in Mon Pali words called ခရဳု, the ခရိုင် vocabulary is Mon, Burmese is also used and then the words are pronounced similarly the description is the same ခရိုင် is actually a noun in Burmese language, but in Mon language it is not a noun and a pronoun.
- For example
The Mon people read ဝင်္ကmuoykaˀ, but there are many definitions, the Burmese read them ဝင်္ကwinka, but there is no definition. thais call it วังกะWạng ka, but their reading sounds are similar to Mon people, but without definition there is a problem this is why Thai people have to change the name of สังขละบุรีSangkhlaburi.,this is similar to the example I just gave you about the complex Mon and Burmese terms. The term วังกะဝင်္က is derived from the Mon Pali language Translate englishဝင်္က=Honest/ Translate Burmeseဝင်္က=ရိုးသား/Translate mon ဝင်္က=ဍေံမလ္ဂူတပ်တး or ဝင်က.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 09:54, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
Formatting usage examplesEdit
Usage examples are formatted differently to definitions. I've reformatted your examples added to တွံ (tvaṃ). Strictly, they should also have transliterations, but they may soon start being done automatically for Pali.RichardW57 (talk) 07:35, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hello@RichardW57:, Mon Pali language and Burmese Pali language, Thai Pali language how are they different, you try listening to the audio and take a look at the spelling.👇👇
|Mon Pali||Burmese Pali||Thai Pali||Translate|
စတ္တာရော ဓမ္မာ၊ ၀ဍ္ဎန္တိ၊
အာယုဝဏ္ဏော သုခံ ဗလံ
စတ္တာရော ဓမ္မာ ဝဍ္ဎန္တိ၊
အာယု ဝဏ္ဏော သုခံ ဗလံ။
นิจจัง วุฑฒาปะจายิโน. จัตตาโร ธัมมา,
วัฑฒนติ, อายุวัณโณ สุขัง พะลัง.
|Be happy and live long, |
the four virtues are caste age Sukha,
would prosper to a person who has a normal respect,
regularity (to the adult) for ever and so on.
We are the best at Mon Pali language because we learn Mon Pali language at a young age what I wrote about Pali is 100 percent correct. then you opened it and read it in this link👉👉 (Mon Picture dictionary)👈👈, I wrote it in 3 languages. Thai, Japan, English, Chinese, Korean, Mon, Shan, Burmese, Rakhine, Tawai, I can write Burmese fluently and also speaks fluently all that I have written are not using any translation software.
- See Vocabulary Example👇
- Mon Pali language (အညတရပုရိသေန သဟ ဨကအန္ဓ ၀တ္ထု)
ဨကိဿံ အန္ဓကာရ ရတ္တိယံ ဨကောအန္ဓော ဟတ္ထေန ပဒဳပံ ဂဟေတွာ ခန္ဓေ ဨကံစာဋိံ အာရောပေတွာ ဝဳထိယံ ဂစ္ဆိ။ အညတရော တံဒိသွာဟေ အန္ဓဗာလ၊ တုယှံ ဒိဝါပိ ရတ္တိပိသဒိသာ ဟောန္တိ၊ ပဒဳပေန တဝကိံ ပယောဇန န္တိ အာဟ။ တံသုတွာ အန္ဓောဟသိတွာ အဟမေတံ ပဒဳပံ မမတ္ထာယ နဟရာမိ၊ တုမှေပန အန္ဓကာရေ အာဂန္တွာ မံ ပါတေတွာ မမစာဋိံ ဘိန္ဒေယျုန္တိ စိန္တေတွာ တုမှာကမတ္ထာယ ဣမံ ဟရာမဳ တိ အာဟ။
- Mon language(ပရူညးမၞုံကဵုမတ် ကေုာံ ညးဒမၠုမတ်)
ပ္ဍဲပယျာံမွဲဗ္တံ မဂၠုဒၟံၚ်၊ ညးဒမၠုမတ်မွဲ သီုမရပ်လဝ်ပၟတ်ခ္ဍေက်ပ္ဍဲတဲ ယိုက်လဝ်နၚ်တိမွဲမ ပ္ဍဲပၞးတုဲ ကွာ်အာပ္ဍဲဂၠံၚ်ရ။ ညးမွဲသၟာၚ်ညာတ်ဒး ညးဒမၠုမတ်ဂှ်တုဲ ဟေ အဋ္ဌက်ဟဒိုဟ်၊ ဗ္တံကဵုတ္ၚဲ ကုတၠအဲဂှ် တုပ်ဒှ်မွဲရ၊ နကဵုပၟတ်ခ္ဍေက်ဂှ် မူဖဵုကုတၠအဲရော၊ ရဴဝွံ သ္ဂးတိုန်ရ။ ဂွံမိၚ်ကေတ်ဂၠာန်ဝွံတုဲ ညးဒမၠုမတ်ဂှ် ဂြိုၚ်တိုန်တုဲ ပၟတ်ခ္ဍေတ်ဏံအဲရပ်နၚ်လဝ် သွက်အဲဟွံသေၚ်၊ သွက်မၞးတံရောၚ်။ မၞးတံ ပ္ဍဲဒမၠုကွာ်ကၠုၚ်တုဲ သီုကဵု ဟွံညာတ်မွဲသာ် ဇိုမ်ပၠောတ်ဖျေံအဲတုဲ ဒကးကၠေံ နၚ်တိအဲရောၚ်၊ ရဴဝွံ ချပ်တုဲ သွက်မၞးတံဂှ် အဲရပ်နၚ်လဝ် ပၟတ်ခ္ဍေက်ဏံရ ရဴဝွံကလေၚ်ဟီုသှ်ကဵုရ။ (ပၟတ်ခ္ဍေက်ဂှ် သ္ၚိပၟတ်လေဝ်ဂးရ)
- Burmese Pali language(အညတရပုရိသေန သဟ ဧကအန္ဓ ၀တ္ထု)
ဧကိဿံ အန္ဓကာရ ရတ္တိယံ ဧကောအန္ဓော ဟတ္ထေန ပဒီပံ ဂဟေတွာ ခန္ဓေ ဧကံစာဋိံ အာရောပေတွာ ဝီထိယံ ဂစ္ဆိ။ အညတရော တံဒိသွာဟေ အန္ဓဗာလ၊ တုယှံ ဒိဝါပိ ရတ္တိပိသဒိသာ ဟောန္တိ၊ ပဒီပေန တဝကိံ ပယောဇန န္တိ အာဟ။ တံသုတွာ အန္ဓောဟသိတွာ အဟမေတံ ပဒီပံ မမတ္ထာယ နဟရာမိ၊ တုမှေပန အန္ဓကာရေ အာဂန္တွာ မံ ပါတေတွာ မမစာဋိံ ဘိန္ဒေယျုန္တိ စိန္တေတွာ တုမှာကမတ္ထာယ ဣမံ ဟရာမီ တိ အာဟ။
- Burmese language(မျက်မြင်သူတယောက်နှင့် အကန်းတယောက်အကြောင်း)
မှောင်သောည တညမှာ မျက်စိကန်းသူတယောက်သည် မီးအိမ်တလုံးကို လက်ဖြင့် ကိုင်ထားလျှက် မြေအိုးတလုံး ပခုံးပေါ်မှာတင်ပြီး လမ်းတလျှောက် ရှောက်သွားလေသည်။ အခြားသူတယောက်သည် သူ့ကိုမြင်၍ ပြောသည်မှာ ဟေ့ အကန်းမိုက်၊ နေ့နှင့် ညဟာ သင့်မှာ အတူတူဖြစ်နေတာဘဲ၊ ဤမီးအိမ်နှင့် သင့်အတွက် ဘာအကျိုးရှိသလဲ ဤသို့ပြောလေသည်။ ဤစကားကိုကြား၍ မျက်စိကန်းသောသူက ရယ်ပြီး ငါကိုင်လာတဲ့ မီးအိမ်ဟာ ငါအတွက် မဟုတ်၊ သင်တို့အတွက်ပါ။ သင်တို့သည် အမှောင်ထဲမှာ လမ်းရှောက်လာပြီး ဘာမျှ မမြင်ဘဲ ငါ့ကို တိုက်လှဲလာရခြင်းဖြစ်ပါတယ်၊ဟု ပြန်ပြောလေသည်။
- Translate(The narrative of a man with eyes and a blind man)
In a very dark night, a blind man, holding a lamp in his and carrying an earthen pot on his shoulder, wes passing along the street. Somebody seeing him, said, You blockhead! day and night are the same to you, of what use can a lamp be to you? The blind man, on hearing this, laughed and replied, I do not carry this lamp for me but for you, as I think that in the dark you may knock against me, and throwing me on the ground break my pot.
We have learned many languages to tell the world about Mon history destroyed by Burmese kings and scholars. This Wikipedia and Wiktionary contains articles on Mon history and Mon vocabulary errors I will be cleared up and clarified thank you very much.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 13:30, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I need 'durably archived material', such as a published book, to use as evidence of Mon spellings and justify adding a word. However, your 'Mon Picture Dictionary' has taught me one useful thing that I can use indirectly:
- Unlike Mon, Mon Pali does not use MYANMAR CONSONANT SIGN MEDIAL NA, MA or LA, as in ကၞ ကၟ ကၠ.
- Is this true, or do different people write differently? I do remember encountering something like ဓာရ်္မ္ၟိက a few days ago. I distinctly remember the Sanskrit-looking central consonant stack -rmm- with a MEDIAL MA. It wasn't in the Lanna script, and it seemed to have a Mon context.RichardW57 (talk) 19:26, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- I've taken the liberty of correcting a few English typos in the dictionary.
- One of your Pali words surprised me - ပဏ္ဍိတောဣတ္ထဳ. Is this what you intended to write, or did you intend to write ပဏ္ဍိတာဣတ္ထဳ?RichardW57 (talk) 19:26, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- @RichardW57:,In Mon Pali spelling does not have that ကၞ ကၟ ကၠ ဵ ၟ ၞ ၜ ဴ ၚ း spelling, the Mon Pali alphabet consist of 41 letters, eight vowels and 33 consonants. အ အာ ဣ ဣဳ ဥ ဥု ဨ သြ က ကာ ကိ ကဳ ကု ကူ ဏ္ဍ ကေ ကျ ကြိ ဗြ န္ဓ တ္ထ ဒ္ဓ တွ န္ဒ န္တ ဒွ တြ ဋ္ဌ ယျ ာ ု ူ ဲ ဳ ိ -ိံ
- ပဏ္ဍိတော Wise or Wise man
- ဣတ္ထဳ Woman
- ပဏ္ဍိတောဣတ္ထဳWise woman👍👍
- @RichardW57:,That ပဏ္ဍိတောဣတ္ထဳ word is a noun, related to the ပဏ္ဍိတောဣတ္ထဳ vocabulary that I have already written please look at this Mon Picture dictionary.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 09:29, 7 May 2021 (UTC)
- If you are interested in Mon Pali vocabulary, you can learn more.
- Mon Pali(သဳဟဠရညော သဳဟာသနံ မကုဋံစ အၚ်္ဂလိက်မဟာရညော ဨကသ္မိံ ပါသာဒေ ရက္ခိတာနိ ဟောန္တိ။)
- Mon(ရာဇပလ္လၚ် ကေုာံၝောံကိုဋ် သၟိၚ်ဃဵုဂှ် မၚ်မွဲဒိပ်ပ္ဍဲနန်ပြာသာဒ် ဨကရာဇ် အေၚ်္ဂလာန်တေံရ။)
- Burmese Pali(သီဟဠရညော သီဟာသနံ မကုဋံစ အၚ်္ဂလိက်မဟာရညော ဧကသ္မိံ ပါသာဒေ ရက္ခိတာနိ ဟောန္တိ။)
- Burmese(သီဟိုဠ်မင်း၏ ရာဇာပလ္လင်နှင့် မကိုဋ်တို့ကို အင်္ဂလန်ဘုရင်မင်းကြီး၏ နန်းပြာသာဒ် တခုမှာစောင့်ရှောက်သိမ်းဆည်းထားကြသည်။)
- Translate(The throne and the crown of the Sinhalese King were preserved in a palace of the king of England.)
- Mon Pali(ဣတော ဨကူနသဋ္ဌိမတ္တာနံ ၀ဿာနံ ဥပရိ ရာမညရဋ္ဌဝါသိနော ဂဟဋ္ဌပဗ္ဗဇိတာ ဣန္ဒနဳလ ၀ဇိရ လောဟိတၚ်္ကာဒိ မဏဳဟိ အလၚ်္ကတံ သုဝဏ္ဏမယံ မဟန္တံ မဟဂ္ဃံ ကရဏ္ဍံ လၚ်္ကာဒဳပံ နေတွာကာန္ဒဳနဂရေ ဒါဋ္ဌာဓါတုယာ ပူဇေသုံ။)
- Mon(နူဝွံ ကၠေိလောန်အာ မသုန်စှော်ဒစိတ်သၞာံတေံ ဒကာရှ် သီုခမဳညးဍုၚ်မန်ဂမၠိုၚ် ကြောတ်ထဝ်ဇၞော်မွဲ မထေက်ကဵုၚုဟ်မး မဂ္ညိဂ္ညာတ်လဝ် နကဵုဂကူမဏိက်ရတ်တၞဟ်တၞဟ်သာ် မတွံဂး ဣန္ဒနဳလာ၊ ဗိုဇ်၊ မဏိက်ဗ္တေတ်တံဂှ် ကေတ်ဏာဍုၚ် သိၚ်ဃဵုတုဲ ပူဇဴကြောတ်ဂှ် ကုဓါတ်ဂၞေဟ်ကျာ် နွံပ္ဍဲဍုၚ် ကာန္ဒဳရ။)
- Burmese Pali(ဣတော ဧကူနသဋ္ဌိမတ္တာနံ ၀ဿာနံ ဥပရိ ရာမညရဋ္ဌဝါသိနော ဂဟဋ္ဌပဗ္ဗဇိတာ ဣန္ဒနီလ ၀ဇိရ လောဟိတၚ်္ကာဒိ မဏီဟိ အလၚ်္ကတံ သုဝဏ္ဏမယံ မဟန္တံ မဟဂ္ဃံ ကရဏ္ဍံ လၚ်္ကာဒီပံ နေတွာကာန္ဒီနဂရေ ဒါဋ္ဌာဓါတုယာ ပူဇေသုံ။)
- Burmese(ယခုမှ ငါးဆယ့်ကိုးနှစ်အလွန်မှာ မွန်တကာနှင့်ရဟန်းတို့သည် နီလာ ကျောက်၊ စိန်၊ ပတ္တမြားနီဟုဆိုအပ်သော အမျိုးမျိုးသောကျောက်ရတနာတို့ဖြင့်ဆင်ထားအပ်သော အဘိုးတန်သော ရွှေကြုတ်ကြီးတခုကို သီဟိုဋ္ဌ်ကျွန်းသို့ယူဆောင်သွားပြီး ကန္ဒီမြို့မှာရှိသောစွယ်တော်မြတ်အား ပူဇော်ကြလေသည်။)
- Translate(Some fifty nine years ago the Mon country, both lay men and priest, took a big gold casket of value studded with various kinds of gems such as sapphires diamonds and rubies and offered it to the tooth relic at Kandy in Ceylon.)
- Mon and Burmese Pali(မရမ္မရဋ္ဌေ ရာမညမနုဿာ ဗုဒ္ဓဘတ္တိကာဟောန္တိ၊ ပုရော ရာမညရဋ္ဌောစ ပါကဋော အဟောသိ။)
- Mon(ပ္ဍဲဍုၚ်ဗၟာမန်ဂမၠိုၚ်မဒှ်ညးဗုဒ္ဓဘာသာအိုတ်ရ၊ ကိုပ်ကၠာတေံတွဵုရးဍုၚ်မန်လေဝ်မၞုံပြာကတ်တဴကီုရ။)
- Burmese(ဗမာပြည်မှာ မွန်လူမျိုးတို့သည် ဗုဒ္ဓဘာသာဖြစ်ကြသည်၊ ရှေးခေတ်အခါမှာ မွန်နိင်ငံလည်း ထင်ရှားစွာရှိခဲ့ဖူးပါသည်။
- Translate(In Burma the Mons are Buddhist people, in olden days, Mon country also was known.)
- Mon Pali(ဘိက္ခူ ဓမ္မံ ဒေသေန္တော ဂါမ နိဂါမ ရာဇဓာနဳသု စရန္တိ။)
- Mon(ခမဳတံ သီုမတွံတဴဓဝ်ဂှ်ဒှ်တုဲ၊ က္ညဂၚေၚ်အာပ္ဍဲကွာန်၊ နိဂိုမ်၊ ဍုၚ်အိုတ်ရ။)
- Burmese Pali(ဘိက္ခူ ဓမ္မံ ဒေသေန္တော ဂါမ နိဂါမ ရာဇဓာနီသု စရန္တိ။)
- Burmese(ရဟန်းတို့သည် တရားကိုဟောလျှက် ရွာ၊ နိဂုံ၊ မြို့တော်များလှည့်လည်ကြွသွားကြကုန်၏။
- Translate(Monk Bhikhus pass through villages, towns and cities preaching the Dhamma.)
- Mon and Burmese Pali(တုယှံ နာမံ ကိံ)
- Burmese(သင်၏အမည် ဘယ်လိုခေါ်ပါသလဲ)
- Translate(What is your name?)
- Mon and Burmese Pali(အဟံ ဣန္ဒောဘာသ နာမောမှိ။)
- Mon(ယၟုအဲ နာဲဣန္ဒောဘာသရအဴ)
- Burmese(ကျွန်ပ်၏ အမည်သည် အရှင်အိမ်န္ဒြောဘာသဟုခေါ်ပါသည်။)
- Translate(My name is Intobesa.)
- Mon and Burmese Pali(တုယှံ အာယု ကိတ္တကံ။)
- Mon(အာယုက်မၞး မွဲစိသၞာံရော)
- Burmese(သင်၏အသက် ဘယ်လောက်ရှိပါသလဲ)
- Translate("What is your age?" or, How old are you?)
- Mon Pali(မယှံ အာယု ဨကတိံသတိ၀သော ဟောတိ။)
- Mon(အာယုက်အဲ ပိစှော်မွဲသၞာံရ။)
- Burmese Pali(မယှံ အာယု ဧကတိံသတိ၀သော ဟောတိ။)
- Burmese(ကျွန်ပ်အသက် သုံးဆယ့်တစ်နှစ် ရှိပါပြီး။)
- Translate(I'm thirty one years old.)
- Mon and Burmese Pali(တွံ ကုတော အာဂစ္ဆသိ)
- Burmese(သင် ဘယ်ကလာပါသလဲ)
- Translate(From where do you come?)
- Mon and Burmese Pali(အဟံ ရာမညရဋ္ဌတော အာဂစ္ဆာမိ။)
- Mon(အဲ ကၠုၚ်နူဍုၚ်မန်ရအဴ။)
- Burmese(ကျွန်ပ် မွန်နိင်ငံကလာပါသည်။)
- Translate(I come from Mon Country.)
Many Mon people are familiar with the Mon Pali language because they are educated in monasteries to study Mon literature, the Mon people are closer to the Pali language than the Burmese people.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 07:31, 7 May 2021 (UTC)
|ဨဝံ||ရဴသာဝွံ၊ ရဴဝွံ||ဤကဲ့သို့၊ ဤသို့||Thus|
|ဨတံ||န်ဇရေၚ်ညးဂှ်||ထိုသူထံသို့||To that man|
|ဨတဿ||ကုညးဂှ်၊ ကုတြံုဂှ်||ထိုသူအား||To that man|
|ဨတိဿာ||ဒဒက်တဴကဵုဗြဴဂှ်||ထိုမိန်းမ၏||Of that woman|
|ဨတာ၊ ဨတာယေ||ၚ်ဗြဴဂမၠိုၚ်ဂှ်||ထိုမိန်းမတို့သည်||Those women|
|ဨတံ၊ တံ||အရာဝတ္ထုဂှ်||ထိုအရာဝတ္ထု||Those thing|
The ဨက vocabulary is not to be confused with other words in Mon language already canceled that word the ဨက vocabulary is because there is a problem with the spelling of Mon language there is a reason for this problem Mon people stop using it.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 11:38, 8 May 2021 (UTC)
Why do you ignore Shorto and Sakamoto?Edit
The term ထံက်ကလဵု 'to kneel' are attested by Shorto (1962) (dialect in Burma) and Sakamoto (1994:404–5,1034) (Pak Kret District, Thailand). I think that they recorded many Mon terms including obsolete terms for your people, so ignoring their researches might not be . By the way, I have to tell you that moving pages without discussion is not recommended at least in English and Japanese Wiktionaries where verification process is active (English: Wiktionary:Requests_for_verification; Japanese: ja:Wiktionary:正確性検証中; to be honest, I had the same idea when you moved က္ၜံၚ်ထံက်ကလဵု to ထံက်က္ၜံင်, but I found both terms to be attested and thought that addition or replacement of the source is favorable than reverting). Please use these systems before you move pages. I understand that you believe I have made 'obvious spelling errors' and they should be corrected immediately, but this time I cannot accept your idea without discussion since there are evidences that guarantee existence of the terms. I have to note also that we have to follow verification process even if we are native speakers or experts. I am a Japanese native speaker, but there are many Japanese terms I don't use or even I regard as erroneous but I also think that there might be more exquisite researches on Japanese published by experts including non-native speakers and the same thing may be applied to Mon language. I have to tell you also that we have to check the source existent on the page we want to move before moving and remove if the source does not contain the term. And 'synonym(s)' means the term(s) that has/have the same or similar meaning to that term(s). Please edit like this (Special:Diff/63161079/next). I can adjust like this case, but I am not always active, so please do in the same manner before or after you move any other page. --Eryk Kij (talk) 08:28, 14 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hello@エリック・キィ:,Do you know I am a modern writer of Mon language that, I am is also an expert on ancient literature, the ထံက်ကလဵု and က္ၜံၚ်ထံက်ကလဵု term you wrote does not exist in modern Mon or Old Mon literature, I suggest that you meet Mon literary scholars and learn from them first to distinguish right from wrong in this Mon vocabulary. You still can not tell the difference between right and wrong in Mon You need to know that copying Mon words written by others and posting them on wiktionary is your biggest mistake. You have copied Mon words written by others and have not checked for errors, I condemn you for posting this wiktionary. Mon language is my mother tongue, so I have a lot of responsibility to protect my Mon language. Wiktionary is a dictionary website, not a game website, so I do not accept Mon word errors, I learned a lot of languages to protect Mon language. You are not fluent in Mon language arguing with an expert in Mon language is like not admitting your mistake. Send me an Mon speaking audio video with your original voice to prove that you are also fluent in Mon language, I would like to know if you are fluent in Mon language, if you are not fluent in Mon language, stop arguing with me thanks.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 07:57, 15 July 2021 (UTC)
Mon spelling warningEdit
Hello@エリック・キィ:,I would like to remind you that Mon spelling cannot be written in Japanese spelling form, Mon spelling cannot be written in English spelling form, Japanese spelling form and English spelling form are similar but completely different from Mon spelling, this is very important for you to be aware of these モン語辞典 Japanese dictionaries are also unusable due to many errors. I have checked for many errors in this モン語辞典 Japanese dictionary, I still have a long way to go to correct many of the mistakes in this モン語辞典 Japanese dictionary., you can write Mon spelling in Thai spelling form and Shan spelling form, take a look at the spelling photos below.
I'm not allowed to write Mon Dictionary errors on Wiktionary, Mon language is my mother tongue, so everything related to Mon language belongs to me, I have a lot of responsibility to protect the Mon language al I do now is defend the Mon language thanks.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 03:47, 25 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hello@Suzukaze-c:,I am just starting to write about Japanese vocabulary, I know Japanese, but I do not know how to write a Japanese dictionary on an English wiktionary, can you help? --Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 14:59, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
Mon Pali word for SkullEdit
- Hello@RichardW57:,Only the သဳသကပလော term for Skull is correct, the translation is as follows,
for skull terms, the သဳသကပါလော and သဳသကပလ္လော terms are misspelled, thanks.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 16:07, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
สวัสดี@Octahedron80:,ผมมีเรื่องอยากจะเล่าให้ฟังคุณเรื่องการแปลภาษาဝါถ้าคุณว่างกรุณาเชิญบัญชี Facebookผม ผมขี้เกียจเขียนหนังสือ อย่างนี้แหละพูดคุยเป็นเสียงดีกว่า ผมก็ทุกวันนี้งานเยอะมากไม่เคยว่างสักที แล้วคิดถึงคุณด้วยอยากจะพูดคุยสักหน่อย เกี่ยวข้องกับคำศัพท์ ဝါ นั้นคุณแปลภาษาไว้ว่า เวลาtime งั้นต้องพูดตามตรงว่าคุณแปลภาษาผิดแล้ว ถ้าคุณว่างกรุณาเชิญบัญชี Facebook ผมกำลังรออยู่ขอบคุณครับ--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 05:52, 14 September 2021 (UTC)
Do Mon ဓကောတ် and Pali ဂေါဓါ (godhā) mean type(s) of varanid or types of iguanid? There may be confusion because English iguana has been used with both meanings! --RichardW57 (talk) 01:01, 17 September 2021 (UTC).
- @RichardW57:,Yes! lizard and ဂေါဓါ sound similar, there can be no confusion of the lizard and ဂေါဓါ sound similar, see my translation below.
The translation terms I have just described are Sounds similar terms, there are many more words that sound similar, for example, the terms ကရေင် and ကြေင် have the same pronunciation but different meanings, see also translation definition.
ကရေင် and ကြေင် sound the same, but have different spellings and meanings.--Music writer Dr.Intobesa of Japanese idol NMB48 and BNK48. (talk) 08:36, 17 September 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for your effort, but what do you understand by the English word 'iguana' above? Do you mean an or some w:iguanid, or do you mean an or some w:varanid? Or do you mean some other type of animal? --RichardW57 (talk) 15:47, 17 September 2021 (UTC)